Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Birth of Project #1

Hello to all!

My name is Delilah Espinosa. As I'm sure you're able to tell, this is my very first blog post. How very exciting!

The purpose of this blog is simple. In the beginning, it'll be for my E-Illustration class that I'm taking at a school in New York City called SVA,or the School of Visual Arts (I hope to get a Masters there in the near future). I'm to create a blog to show any art works that relate to a specific project, one of my choosing. It wouldn't just be the art work though; it'll be anything in relation as well, such as reference materials or inspiration. But even though this blog was created for my class, it'll run long after the class is over. I intend to maintain and update regularly until the project is complete. And who knows; maybe I'll do the same with other projects as well. I'm always working on a million things at once, and my imagination processes ideas before I get the chance to record them all somehow.

Which project am I going to work on for this class though? A graphic novel. Specifically, a manga. I hope to be a professional illustrator one day; My dream job is to illustrate graphic novels and book covers. Why not start by showing my own? The story I will be illustrating is one of my own. A fairytale, to be exact.

My class is tomorrow, or technically, later today. I'll need to get the professor's approval in order to begin, but I do have some drawings already because this is something I started before I signed up for the class. I can't wait to begin! Wish me luck!

But while I wait for an answer and begin working on it, you can check out my deviantart page in the meantime. Here's the link to it: http://mercuryskullbunny.deviantart.com/

0 comments:

Post a Comment