Sunday, November 13, 2016

Color Studies for Somni

Hello all!

I'm doing a little R&D for my project "Somni." Below is my latest research:

To help me with choosing colors for each location in Somni, I created a collage for each country they’re based on: The Dominican Republic for the fictional island Bohio, and Spain for the fictional town Iliri (respectfully). I wanted to compare the colors between the two countries. The color palettes below are a selection of colors based on the collages. These swatches will help with not only with coloring any background concept art, but also with the props of the countries and even with character costumes.
Granted, the color swatches above that are being compared to each other are similar, but that's kind of the point. I wanted to see what the difference was between the colors even if they appear similar.That's why I included notes with the swatches.

If you'd like to see more of the r&d for "Somni," visit the fairytale's tumblr.

0 comments:

Post a Comment